Don't you just love the glamour of Breakfast at Tiffany's? me too! Enter to win the Tiffany & Co. Bows mug! Check it out!
A My Home Healthier Original Recipe. Easy, Breezy, Moist Chocolate Cake.
2 sticks of butter, softened
2/3 cup of sugar (or less)
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 tsp olive oil
1 cup of mashed, very ripe bananas*
2/3 cup of good quality, fair trade cocoa powder 1 and 3/4 cup of white rice flour
1.5 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and olive oil. Mix well. Add bananas, cream together.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix cocoa powder, white rice flour and baking powder together. Dump and cream into the butter mixture.
- Pour the batter into either a 9? round cake pan or a muffin pan.
- **I prefer a muffin pan for these as I am a fan of portion control. :)
- Bake 18-22 minutes until cake edge start to pull away from the pan and wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. enjoy!
**The bananas keep the cake moist. Without them you will find that the rice flour, being a natural desiccant, makes the cake dry.
*The Chocolate in this recipe overpowers the banana, so even if you (like me) don’t really like banana, you’ll probably love this very moist cake!